Refit and repower for Marine Rescue Margaret River
This project was one of five Marine Rescue vessel upgrades Dongara Marine worked on during 2021.
The scope of the work we undertook on this 7.3 metre Naiad RIB included:
- Repower with new twin 150hp Yamaha outboard engines including new controls and steering
- Supply and install new collar and bladders
- Electrical system upgrade including full rewire with marine grade tinned cables
- Full repainting including livery update
- Fuel tank inspection and fuel system upgrades
- Canopy modifications including a new cover and clears
- Replacement of existing seats with one Shockwave and one Ullman suspension seat
- Modify the helm and navigation console for new electronics including Raymarine displays and side scan sonar
The project was contracted by the Western Australian Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) in October 2020, with Dongara Marine commencing work when the vessel arrived in late May 2021. Dongara Marine delivered the freshly refurbished RIB for display at the Club Marine Perth Boat Show in September 2021.
Marine Rescue Margaret River is one of 37 Marine Rescue WA groups in the state that are managed and funded through DFES. Another two, in Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands, are funded and managed by the Commonwealth.
“As we have worked on many of these rigid inflatable boats we have been able to continuously improve the way we undertake small boat refit and repair, enabling us to deliver high quality outcomes more efficiently. Those gains also flow into other aspects of our business, benefiting all clients”
Rohan Warr - Dongara Marine